Our Locations

55 Union Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108

15 Church St, Suite 105
Salem, MA 01970

Should I Get a Lawyer for My Adjustment of Status Application?

adjustment of status lawyer

If you’re looking to apply for adjustment of status, you need a lawyer you can trust.  An experienced immigration lawyer can help ensure your application has all the required documents and is not delayed. Adjustment of status is the process of applying for a green card while remaining within the United States.  Generally, you must […]

Matthew Peterson Named Among the 2023 Massachusetts Rising Stars by “Super Lawyers”

I am thrilled to announce that I have been named among this year’s rising stars in the state of Massachusetts by “Super Lawyers”. Super Lawyers is a website intended to give ratings for attorneys and law offices all over the country by taking into account peer recognition, customer satisfaction, and professional achievements within their practice […]

How Long Does Adjustment of Status Take?

adjustment of status attorney

Generally, how long an adjustment of status application takes depends on a lot of factors.  It depends on whether you submitted the correct paperwork, the current processing times, and how organized your application is. An experienced immigration attorney can help ensure that your adjustment of status application is processed as quickly as possible.  A lawyer […]

What is an Immediate Relative for Immigration?

immediate relative immigration lawyer

To apply for adjustment of status, you generally must be an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen.  Being an immediate relative qualifies you for a number of immigration benefits. To be an immediate relative, you must be: Married to a U.S citizen; A parent of a U.S. citizen who is 21 or older; An unmarried […]

MWP Law Named Among Most Highly Rated Businesses in Massachusetts

I am happy to announce that the Law Office of Matthew W. Peterson has been named among the most highly rated businesses in all of Massachusetts by topratedlocal.com for the year 2022. Topratedlocal.com rates many different kinds of businesses from wedding planning companies to law offices, and I am proud to be recognized among these distinguished […]

Attorney Matthew W. Peterson Selected as a 2022 Super Lawyers Rising Star

I am thrilled to announce that I have been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for the year 2022! Super Lawyers selects attorneys for this honor using a patented, multiphase selection process involving nominations, independent research on the nominated attorney, and peer evaluation. Verdicts, pro bono and community service, and experience, are just a […]

What Should I Do if I Get a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court?

adjustment of status lawyer

Receiving an NTA (Notice to Appear) in immigration court can be very scary, and if you are not familiar with the legal system, it becomes even more stressful. Getting an experienced immigration attorney to help guide you through the proceedings is extremely important if you want to remain in the United States. What is a […]

Can I Get a Green Card if I’m Married to a Citizen?

adjustment of status lawyer

. If you are married to a US citizen, you may be able to get a green card.  This is through a process called adjustment of status, which allows you to get a green card while staying in the United States. To obtain a green card, you must prove that you currently have, and have […]

What Happens if I Make a Mistake in My Green Card Application?

A green card application is an official US government document with very specific requirements.  If you make a mistake in your green card application, you could face serious consequences.  This could include denial of your application, loss of your filing fee, or even removal proceedings. It’s critical to hire an experienced immigration attorney to help […]

Can I File for Adjustment of Status if I’ve Been Arrested?

arrest adjustment of status

If you have been arrested and/or have been charged with a crime, you may still apply for adjustment of status. However, an arrest could seriously complicate your adjustment of status application. If you have been arrested and you’re looking to get a Green Card, you should hire an immigration attorney to help.  Depending on what […]