Our Locations

55 Union Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108

15 Church St, Suite 105
Salem, MA 01970

Do I Need an Attorney to File My Immigration Paperwork?

immigration paperwork lawyer attorney visa naturalization

    Many of my clients come in to me in a bind.  They’ve filed some immigration paperwork, whether for a visa, green card, or naturalization, and they’ve messed something up.  They’ve been given a strict deadline to amend their application or provide additional evidence, and they’re not sure if they can make it.


   It puts us all in a tough spot.  It can take time to gather paperwork from different government agencies, and the USCIS doesn’t give extensions to file additional evidence.  If you don’t file that evidence in time, your application could be automatically denied.


   What can be done to prevent this?  Hire a lawyer to do it right the first time.  It’s a lot cheaper and less stressful to do it correctly the first time rather than try to fix it on the back end.


   Applications for almost any sort of immigration benefit involves a massive amount of paperwork – birth certificates, medical exams, and not to mention the confusing and complicated applications themselves.  An experienced immigration attorney knows the ins and outs of the immigration process and the tricks of the trade.


   If you need help filling out an application for a green card, a visa, or naturalization, and you want to do it correctly the first time, contact me today.  I’d be glad to help.


Although I am an attorney, I am not your attorney.  Please do not rely on anything on this page as legal advice because any specific advice would depend on your situation.  Any results posted on this page are not guarantees of outcomes in your case.

Boston Attorney

The court system is stressful, whether you’re being charged with a crime, being sued, suing someone, or fighting for your ability to stay and work in this country. You need someone who appreciates this and can dedicate the time not only to represent you effectively in court but to guide you through the process.

Recent Articles

Contact us