Our Locations

45 Bromfield Street Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108

15 Church St, Suite 105
Salem, MA 01970

Can I Get a Green Card if I’m Married to a Citizen?

green card married

If you are married to a US citizen, you may be able to get a green card.  This is through a process called adjustment of status, which allows you to get a green card while staying in the United States.

Typically, being married to a US citizen qualifies you to get a green card.  However, there may be some complications if you have a criminal record, if you entered the country illegally, or if you violated your visa.   You should hire an immigration attorney to help you if any of these apply to you.

To be eligible for adjustment of status, you must prove that your marriage is bona fide.  This means you must prove you got married not just for immigration purposes.

Getting a green card requires a lot of preparation.  You need a lot of documents and to prepare forms.  It’s very easy to make a mistake on these forms, risking your legal status in the country, and potentially costing you thousands of dollars.

If you’re married to a US citizen and looking to get a green card, hiring an attorney is crucial.  I have helped many people get a green card and make the process go smoothly along the way.

I’d be glad to help with your green card through being married to a US citizen.  Call or text me today at 617-356-8217.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email

Boston Attorney

The court system is stressful, whether you’re being charged with a crime, being sued, suing someone, or fighting for your ability to stay and work in this country. You need someone who appreciates this and can dedicate the time not only to represent you effectively in court but to guide you through the process.

Recent Articles

Contact us