Our Locations

55 Union Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108

15 Church St, Suite 105
Salem, MA 01970

What Do I Need to Apply for Citizenship?

naturalization citizenship n-400 attorney lawyer

    To become a U.S. citizen, otherwise known as being naturalized, you must fill out an N-400 and pass numerous other requirements.  An immigration lawyer can help avoid costly delays in the process and other consequences.


   The requirements for naturalization are:

  • Must be at least 18 at the time of filing of the N-400

  • Have a Green Card for at least five years before applying

  • Reside in the US continuously for five years before applying (or three years if married to a US citizen)

  • Residency for three months in district where you’re applying for citizenship

  • Be a Person of Good Moral Character

  • Be Able to Read, Write, and Speak Fluent English

  • Have a Basic Understanding of U.S. Government and United States History

  • Demonstrate allegiance to the U.S. Constitution and Government


   The naturalization process requires gathering paperwork, knowing the requirements inside and out, and being prepared for your interview.  An immigration lawyer can help make this process go smoothly and ensure that you don’t encounter any unforeseen pitfalls.  Contact me today, and we’ll get started.



Although I am an attorney, I am not your attorney.  Please do not rely on anything on this page as legal advice because any specific advice would depend on your situation.  Any results posted on this page are not guarantees of outcomes in your case.

Boston Attorney

The court system is stressful, whether you’re being charged with a crime, being sued, suing someone, or fighting for your ability to stay and work in this country. You need someone who appreciates this and can dedicate the time not only to represent you effectively in court but to guide you through the process.

Recent Articles

Contact us