Our Locations

55 Union Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108

15 Church St, Suite 105
Salem, MA 01970

What Should I Do if I Get a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court?

adjustment of status lawyer

Receiving an NTA (Notice to Appear) in immigration court can be very scary, and if you are not familiar with the legal system, it becomes even more stressful. Getting an experienced immigration attorney to help guide you through the proceedings is extremely important if you want to remain in the United States. What is a […]

Can I Get a Green Card if I’m Married to a Citizen?

adjustment of status lawyer

. If you are married to a US citizen, you may be able to get a green card.  This is through a process called adjustment of status, which allows you to get a green card while staying in the United States. To obtain a green card, you must prove that you currently have, and have […]

What Happens if I Make a Mistake in My Green Card Application?

A green card application is an official US government document with very specific requirements.  If you make a mistake in your green card application, you could face serious consequences.  This could include denial of your application, loss of your filing fee, or even removal proceedings. It’s critical to hire an experienced immigration attorney to help […]

Can I File for Adjustment of Status if I’ve Been Arrested?

arrest adjustment of status

If you have been arrested and/or have been charged with a crime, you may still apply for adjustment of status. However, an arrest could seriously complicate your adjustment of status application. If you have been arrested and you’re looking to get a Green Card, you should hire an immigration attorney to help.  Depending on what […]

What Documents Do I Need to File Adjustment of Status?

documents for adjustment of status

An adjustment of status (or I-485) is the process of applying for lawful permanent resident status in the United States, this is also known as applying for a Green Card. Applying for adjustment of status requires many different types of documents.  If you’re thinking of applying for adjustment of status, you should consult with an […]

What is an Adjustment of Status Interview?

adjustment of status interview

. The final step in adjustment of status is the interview.  If you are married to a US citizen, you could be eligible for adjustment of status – receiving a green card without leaving the country. Where is the Adjustment of Status Interview Held? The adjustment of status interview is conducted at the USCIS office […]

What is Trump’s Public Charge Rule?

public charge immigration

Donald Trump’s public charge rule requires much more burdensome financial paperwork to be submitted for many immigrants. Effective February 2020, President Donald Trump implemented a new rule that makes it much more difficult for immigrants with limited means and who have received public assistance to receive immigration benefits. This is known as the inadmissibility on […]

Matthew W. Peterson Named Among Best Boston Immigration Lawyers

best immigration lawyers in Boston

Today, the Law Office of Matthew Peterson was named one of the 20 best Boston immigration lawyers by expertise.com. Expertise.com uses multiple criteria to decide who the best immigration attorneys in Boston are. These include: Reputation: A history of delighted customers and outstanding service Credibility: Building customer confidence with licensing, accreditation, and awards. Experience: Masters of […]

What is a Bona Fide Marriage in Immigration?

An adjustment of status application because of marriage requires that you prove your marriage is real and not for the purposes of getting a green card. This is the requirement to prove a bona fide marriage in immigration. USCIS wants proof that you’re not just married to get a green card – that you’re actually […]